Monday, April 30, 2012

[Character Ranking] Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

ANN | MAL | AniDB | Wiki

As our first Character Rankings input, we're starting on the Fall 2010 anime OreImo. We decided to rank the seven gals in the anime's first season (second season officially announced) which should also include Akagi Sena of the ONA releases. I personally decided not to have here Bridget Evans (Defending Champ on Meruru Cosplay). Why? Because I don't feel she had enough presence in the series to be here.

Since this is the first post in the blog, as well as the first ChaRank post, let me explain a little about how ChaRank will be:

• First, each author gives an input on how they rank the characters, based on their personal preferences. We will also give a little note about how we feel on each characters.

• Second, we compile the inputs to be able to compare them. Reason? Nothing, it's just fun IMO. lol

• Third, and the fun part, everyone can react on the comparative rankings. The best part of it is, YOU can comment here as ANONYMOUS, and no one will care. Or at least I will, and will try my best to defend my opinion which is in fact pathetic and senseless. I don't know about how the authors will react on the comments though, let's wait and see.

To begin, I want to start on me. This is my series BTW, and other authors will also get their respective turns to host and post a ChaRank for series of their own choice.





Tennouji


Tamura Manami - I personally liked her on overall character build-up. And she's so, so. Megane-moe~

Gokou Ruri - Tsundere, a very big factor for me. She's a very ideal gothic lolita character >_<. Another plus for me is how she is a very caring onee-san.

Kosaka Kirino - Your tsundere imouto. I liked the fact that she's making the best facial expression of all, when she plays eroge. And I like her being voiced over by Taketatsu Ayana.

Akagi Sena - I like how she's composed on first impression, and changing 90 degrees into a loud fujoshi. Don't forget her very wide scope of imagination, kinda scary though.

Makishima Saori - Practically the sexiest heroine. I like the fact that she's not a spoiled girl despite being rich, and she's friendly towards other characters. SHe speaks in a weird way though, very archaic speech patterns, which she seems to do intentionally when with otaku friends Kuroneko/Kirino and Kyosuke-shi.

Aragaki Ayase - Don't be fooled! She's a yandere, FU! Despite that, she's the second sexiest character for me. It's scary to imagine a route into her though, I can only see her liking Kirino then liking you, ending up in a bloody love triangle and conflict of feelings. I like her most for her usage of "Onii-san" on Kyosuke, very sweet.

Kurusu Kanako - I don't hate mahou shoujo, but seeing her makes me always remember about Katja(Seikon no Qwaser). She's most probably a sadist. I'm more into Kuroneko goth loli types than her mahou shoujo loliness.





Crost


Kuroneko - I dont know if I was influenced by the novel or not...but I personally think that Gokou is indeed the most ideal girl in this series...not to mention her calm tsun~dere demeanor. I was also enticed by her transformation from Kuro to Shiro..and so I believe that she stood out more than anyone else xD

Aya~chii - the very personification of the word 'two sides of the same coin'. The first time she revealed her dark side really captivated me...you can call me weird for liking another weirdo...but who cares..coz she rocks!!! and even though I did not understand her route that much in the portable(coz its pure japanese)...I can still say that her passionate love can kill you..........literally >_<

Kiri~rin - blond girl, smart, good looks, main character....cant miss her. xD ...her honest-to-goodness, happy-go-lucky attitude is her key aspects...oh..and also the fact that she plays eroge w/ his bro...the only point where she cant be honest to herself is when it come to her aniki..i really cant get over how this sibling are so oblivious to each other....go for incest goddammit..INCEST!!! xD

Kana~chan - Meruru 3D?? 2D?? mode!!! cant forget about the loli....u might get annoyed by her at first(although kirino is more annoying)...but once u get to know her better...u can see how adorable she can get. I really loved the part in the specials where she blatantly announced her love for Kyousuke like it was nothing xD

Saori~ojousama - I'm not fond of her otaku mode...but when she's in her ojousama mode...now thats a different story. she acts as the onee-san of the group and she supports all of her friends from the shadows.

Manami - im not quite fond of the 'osananajimii' coz they are the character genre that always...and I mean ALWAYS gets in the way of the main hero and heroines' romance...but Manami is quite different.coz she acts almost motherly-like...not to mention her countless failed attempts to confess her feelings xD

Sena - warning..she is a very repulsive creature...stay away!! all I can say is that her body frame is not proportional to the comical, brutal, and sometimes traumatic sibling war xD





kyo-chan


Makishima Saori – definitely my top choice, she has this air of typical megane otaku in her that makes me want to have as a close friend. I just simply love how she happens to be an ojou-sama, this definitely turned my opinion of her from a typical otaku to the mysterious type of character which many gals fall for with bishounen, i’m not sure if guys also like those type.

Akagi Sena – HOORAY for BL! She has this ‘I don’t give a damn’ expression most of the time but I really love her “I’m telling Onii-chan about this” line when her full-on homo RPG proposal was not accepted by the club. Then she ends up helping Gokou in creating a different one despite it. One heck of a fujoshi :3

Kosaka Kirino – the tsundere imouto that I would never want as a sister (I’m not into incest unless it’s BL ^_^). I would really like to have a collection like hers. A kawaii, tsundere, model, otaku, eroge player, what else would an otaku ask for? She is even the type who nosebleeds because of Meruru.

Gokou Ruri – a tsundere gothic loli otaku. Some would still prefer her route compared to Kirino. She’s unbearably cute especially on episode 13-14 where more of her dere side was unleashed.

Kurusu Kanako – MERURU ♥ yay!!! She was definitely a big hit when she cosplayed that one. i’m not into cosplayers but it makes me think different when a cosplayer really pulls it off.

Aragaki Ayase – the bitchy kind but I love how she’s concerned for Kirino. She is like a black-haired Kirino version though definitely more sexy than Kirino X3

Tamura Manami – the innocent childhood friend! She’s always there for Kyosuke and never fails to give him a great advise. She didn’t have that much impact for me but i would say that among the others, she is the safest and most realistic route to take albeit not the most exciting route.





dahilig007


Tamura Manami - The second I saw this character, I spoke in my mind "This is my Character right here!" I love her personality.. akk! ok let's stop the introduction i'll end up making an essay about her.

Gokou Ruri - hmmm... im no lolicon but.. I there's a ring to it whenever I see this character.. Probly because of her tsun tsun personality.

Kosaka Kirino - told yeah Im into tsun tsun :| but not that much.. The fact that she's a hardcore otaku makes her a unique one

Kurususu Kanako - Well let's see.. she's pretty adorable... kinda annoying at first but... adorable..

Makishima Saori - Ahh~! Im into meganekko characters too but this character looks pretty average to me..

Akagi Sena - okay...this is one heck of a character I say..

Aragaki Ayase - I love this character.. her personality.. her attitude.. but then.. later on.. all those love turned into HATE.. Her over-protection for Kirino makes her look like a jerk.





Kei-kun


Makishima Saori - The mix of megane-otaku and the "ojou-sama" archetype is a first for me. Not to mention, her figure isn't bad for a high class lady hiding behind the persona of a hardcore otaku.

Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko) - One reason: Kana Hanazawa

Tamura Manami - The "childhood friend" archetype is so common, yet I find Manami the third heroine worthy of Kyosuke's affection. Personally, her personality of being timid-yet-caring is my ideal childhood friend archetype.

Kousaka Kirino - The first time I heard Taketatsu Ayana voicing a tsundere character aside from the Tsundere queen Kugimiya Rie. I like her for playing imouto-type eroges despite being a girl; a definite plus for every eroge-playing boys who want a sister like her, but her personality reminds me of my own sister. Therefore... nah.

Akagi Sena - A fujoshi. BL is tolerable, but bara? If I have a fujoshi girlfriend who likes Bara-type BL like Akagi, I'll lose more sanity points.

Kurusu Kanako - Overmoe mahou shoujo. Meh.

Aragaki Ayase - I like her for being yandere, but she has yuri tendencies towards Kirino and hostility towards Kyosuke. My answer? Do not want.





shinzo07


Gokou Ruri – The Gothic Tsundere Otaku character of the series. She is the ideal character for me on the series because of her personality specially when he get's shy all of a sudden. her calm tsundere personality is a plus for me, also for being a very nice big sister adds up to the points. She was also voiced by Kana Hanazawa which is the voice of a handful of my favorite characters.

Kosaka Kirino – Tsundere and the little sister of kyosuke. Smart, adored, athletic, and cute specially when she's doing something related to her hobby of being an otaku or pouts at being mad. Her personality isn't really that great but you're sure to get attached to her throughout the series. Her love for little sister ero-games is definitely strange despite being a little sister herself, but that's what makes her interesting specially when kyosuke finally found out her sister's hobby.

Tamura Manami – The cute innocent childhood friend in the series.
Her actions are cute and she's also a megane character. Along the series she is the only single character that is normal but makes you remember her all through out the whole show. It's really great to have a friend like her but you'll never know when friendship may turn into something more for that's what the typical ever yet popular settings for childhood friend plot are all about and character playing this roles are great.

Makishima Saori – The aura of mystery around this girl is interesting. Her being an otaku and an ojou-sama is not really uncommon but this stood out due to her wearing big glasses, but the way she acts is different when she's at home and outside.

Aragaki Ayase – although she may not look at it at first, she has a personality of a yandere. I like this character personally at first but her persoanlity is a little mixed up specially when it concerns kirino. Take it from me, this kind of character is really hard to handle based on experience.

Akagi Sena – The Fujoshi character of the series. At first glance you may have thought that she would have a personality that would be similar to Manami but it was surprising to found out that she is a Boys Love Lover and the Bara type at that in which i don't really understand. She is one heck of a character as far as i can say but you'll surely be able to find some good points from her.

Kurusu Kanako – One of kirino's friend, she didn't leave that much of an impression from me but she finally pulled great attention when she cosplayed meruru which was cute and funny at the same time which also gave kirino a nose bleed.





Conclusion:

Gokou Ruri seemed to be most popular on blog authors.
Kosaka Kirino is always on top half, but never been a top choice.
Kurusu Kanako is unpopular for us, even if she is a cliche character.
shinzo07 wrote the longest pile of text, or was it kyo-chan?
kyo-chan is a fujoshi, but she never tried to hide it like a good girl.
Everyone loves Hanazawa Kana, but only Kei-kun have managed to claim it upfront.
Crost undoubtedly proclaimed his incest fetish, and I have managed to keep it secret. (or not really?)
I like all of them, but I have to rank them. It felt like I betrayed the girls. T_T
dahilig007 and I have the same top 3.

6 comments:

meh~ I didn't know I was supposed to hide it X3

btw, a guy i know would rank Kirino in the last spot. Though I'm not sure who would be on his top list. He doesn't want to share more information.

What kind of guy would rate Kirino last? Imouto-hater? Or Kyosuke-sympathizer? -_-

nishishi...I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kirino hater....specially from those who read the Light Novel.

the LN readers are majorly divided into diehard Kirino and Kuroneko factions...where both sides are in constant conflict w/ each other....w/c is of course, definitely not a laughing matter....seeing as how some of them have resulted to act irrationally(research online if u wanna know the details) xD


PS: did I really just revealed one of my fetishes???? >_<
just to make things clear...its not really a fetish..it just fascinates me...Im curious to know the results of what lies beyond something w/c is taboo(except for yaoi) 0_0
I know some of u would answer....pregnancy..well duh xD

I read the LN myself, but I never thought there would be someone she knows who might also be a reader. Never took that in consideration.

Well, I must say I'm civilized enough not to hate either Kirino/Ruri. It's not like hating will yield something.

lol at dahilig for being biased ~^_^~

I haz cousincest fetish. 8D

Post a Comment